Friday, October 20, 2006

what an ashehole

i didn't go to my intro to archaeology class this morning. why? because i just could not be asked to get out of bed. i decided i would sleep for another hour, but that was a fat waste of time, considering that five minutes after i checked the archaeology syllabus and realized i wasn't missing anything, i remembered that my next dermatologist appointment is this coming tuesday and i haven't gotten my monthly blood test done yet. so, i worried about that instead of getting more sleep.

i made an appointment for 2 pm today at ashe, but those are always really hit or miss. i once called in my appointment and spoke to an actual person, and then was turned away when i showed up because i had been assigned to an appointment category that didn't fit my health issue. i don't understand that, because if the doctors are doctors, they should be able to handle both a blood test and a sprained ankle. i guess i can't judge until i've gone to med school. and i won't go to med school, so i'll just shut up.

my dermatologist at home (the coolest person in the universe) tells me that it's not a big deal to miss a week of accutane pills during the treatment because the medication is so hardcore that it stays in your system (presumably forever, which is why it's so magical). thus, i'm not too nervous about having to maybe reschedule my appointment for later next week. what i am irritated by is the knowledge that i will, most likely, be told that ashe doesn't do blood tests, as crazy as that is, and i will have fasted all day for no reason. i learned the hard way that one must fast before one's blood test.

simply put, i'm hoping i can get out of ashe with a blood test behind me (and as little bruises as possible) and be able to keep my appointment on tuesday. doubtful.

No comments: