Wednesday, October 25, 2006

dzamn

my computer is totally fried. completely and totally fried. i'm currently writing this from mad's computer, lest my huge audience of four get really nervous when i don't update this thing tonight. i got back from the flying squirrel meeting (and a dinner with peeps), and was looking forward to putting in some computer face time, and the machine is totally wrecked. suddenly. like, more wrecked than it has been in a long time (and that time, i had to get the entire motherboard replaced, which is something i am not going to do this time - it's not worth it at all).

so, the awesome thing is that i'm computer-less for the one weekend when i absolutely need a computer. absolutely need. i have to write a fat paper for monday, and my plan was to write it this weekend after i go to another 21st birthday party on friday and work all day on saturday (there's a football game and we ticketmongers must sell tickets at it). now, i'll probably have to write it by hand, which sucks hardcore, and then run to the computer lab in franz to type it up the morning it's due. i predict that that will be way awesome.

my life is crazy and stressful right now, and it's all my damn computer's fault. i guess maybe it's my fault too because i've been bitching about this piece of crap for a way long time, and decided to wait until it turned into an absolute disaster to do something about it. but do something i will! i'm getting a new computer tomorrow at ackerman, where i can maybe get a student discount. also, i believe i'll be investing in a mac, because lots of people have convinced me that they are cooler, and talking to joel and cory about their respective macs made me even more interested in getting one. they're more expensive, sure, but i've only heard good things about them. plus, the apple store guys where geniuses. what could be any better? money is no object when it comes to having the means to pass an anthropology class (via the important paper i will write on my sparkly, new computer). screw having rent money, right?

also, there are a few people in my life that i communicate with solely over the internet, which is sad and upsetting, but also at times unavoidable, so to all of them (and you, steve), who i don't see on a daily basis and now can't tell over AIM that my computer has expired: know that i still adore you and would be sitting online telling you all the awkward things that happened to me recently (there are many) if only i didn't suck at technology so much. hopefully, by tomorrow or friday, all of that will be remedied.

i'm so cosmopolitan. i even apologize for not being online online. how fabulous is that?

1 comment:

Dan Fincke said...

That sucks. My motherboard melted on me a month and a half ago and it was taking Dell WEEKS to fix it before I just demanded a new one instead.

And the computer before that was stolen.

And my first year of grad school, my computer screen was in my backpack (which I thought was a good idea since the previous computer I had was indestructible) when somehow I backed into something or something and the beautiful, delicate screen cracked all across the middle, leaving color bleeding everywhere and only sections of the screen visible 3 days before I had to hand in my last of my first round of grad school papers. Which I hadn't even started yet.

I can feel your pain :)