Saturday, October 07, 2006

end of an era

it's weird to be done with the play, as much as i was really, really looking forward to it being over. obviously, i secretly love doing it, because if i didn't i wouldn't keep coming back to it. on the other hand, though, it drives me totally crazy and each year i agree to do it, i want to kick myself for committing two more weekends of my life to partying like it's 1876. i think that a lot of my unwillingness to stop it already is that i hate losing people. i really can't stand the thought of never seeing the people who do it again. so, i keep torturing myself and volunteering to participate year after year. plus, i think it's strange to think that i'll stop doing something that has been such a routine since i was ten.

all in all, i'm excited that the play is over - i can paint my fingernails and cut/dye my hair, and i've wanted to do those two things for a way long time. now that i don't have to pretend to live 150 years ago, i can feel free to body-modify.

i spent the entire day reading a book, something i haven't done in a really long time, and something i've been wanting to do for just as long. one of the only interruptions i had this afternoon was my dad calling me into the garage, so i could marvel at the monster he's rigged up on the old bed frame and mattress that should be in my bedroom right now. i'm sleeping on the couch so that he can set up motorized zombies for halloween.

No comments: