Wednesday, October 04, 2006

picasso and zombies

this morning, my right eye hurt so badly, it felt like i'd been punched in the face. it's because i've been a rebel lately and have been wearing my contacts despite my dermatologist's orders that i stop that because my eyes are drying out just as much as the rest of me. my eye pain reminds of me of when a certain brother of mine hit himself in the eye while he was drunk ("just to see how it would feel") and then spent four hours of the next day in the emergency room because my mom thought it was a deadly sinus infection, and he was too scared of her to tell her the truth. i didn't wear my contacts at all today, and now it feels better.

i just got back from the first official general meeting (this year) of flying squirrel. twenty-four new people showed up, and that totally exceeded anyone's expectations. and, as i've said before, it was hilarious and great and made me feel, once again, that i've finally gotten involved in something i can really care about and appreciate. i also casually agreed to play a zombie in one of the editor's short films, and even though i'm almost positive he wasn't really offering me a spot in his movie, i'm going to pretend that he was and say that i'm way excited to be in a zombie movie. my brothers would be so proud.

when i moved in, i had no idea i was going to be living with my generation's picasso. andy's outside right now spray painting canvasses and flirting with our neighbors. ok, i lied: he's just spray painting. but he did leave my room's patio door open when he painted away for hours, and now my room has the incredibly terrible, faint smell of ozone-depleting, brain cell-destroying CFCs floating everywhere. i'm surprised i can even muster up the strength to type, what with my brain being suffocated. and, apparently, now he wants to start tagging areas around los angeles, so all officers of the law, heed my warning: if you see a giant blonde norwegian in a quicksilver party sweater lurking around, it's most likely my friend andy, and he's most likely looking for a place to "tag" a stencil of a face onto a background of gracefully painted leaves. yeah, you heard me.

on tuesday, i bitched to mad about how my face was so normalized (i.e. not too dry, not too clear, not too anything really) that i'd almost forgotten i was taking accutane, and that i was worried that it might not be working. and i swear, almost as if the gods of accutane heard me, i woke up yesterday with way dry skin again and today it's even worse. i can't really complain about it, though, because, as my grandpa told me, this is what i've been waiting for for five years. however, it does still kinda suck to know you're walking around with your face flaking off. it's delicious.

i'm really starvatious and thirsty and so i'm gonna go hang out in the kitchen with the boys (seeing as mad is busy running rehearsals for potential new members of her a capella group). dan's making brownies and andy's making pasta and they will both let me eat some because i said so.

No comments: