Monday, October 23, 2006

little bo sheep

i'm incredibly tired right now. i fell asleep in the car on the way back home (i'm back to go see my hometown dermatologist tomorrow), and even though that was about an hour ago, i'm still all groggy and crazed out. today, i had work and class and my psych research methods midterm and then two hours of work meetings, and i only had time to eat some "fruit and nut" mix at noon. i've since remedied that terrible situation, having stopped at baja on my walk back to the apartment at six-thirty so that i could finally have some real food. i hate the feeling of going from being way hungry to really full really quickly. it's gross.

my archaeology professor brought live sheep to our lecture this morning, to help illustrate the concept of the early human domestication of animals (and plants). it's not like they danced or performed or morphed into early modern humans or anything. they were just sheep, in a pen, in my 300+ person lecture hall in haines (which, for all those not attending my school, is one of the universities precious four original buildings). i guess it was cute or whatever, but i also guess that i'm allergic to sheep because my entire face felt like i'd been sprayed with some sort of horrible allergen. that compounded by the fact that as i left the lecture i was coughed on by about five different people made my morning really fab.

plus, i kinda felt bad for the sheep because everyone was talking about how tasty they were and they had to just stand around in their gated prison and hear about it.

No comments: