Friday, October 20, 2006

cz

my dreams came true! i got my blood test done and i was only stuck with one needle, once. it was really miraculous (and yes, i'm still allowed to call things miraculous, despite the fact that i've been waging an anti-miracle campaign since i decided when i was twelve that if divine intervention existed, it wouldn't wait until someone was in dire need of its help before it swept in and saved the day). i ended up waiting in ashe for an hour, during which i texted andy about how i was contemplating bursting into tears while demanding that they draw my blood immediately. the wait was ridiculous. before they took me into my own little exam room (where i waited for another half hour), i had to wait outside and make small talk with a guy who forced me into conversation. i think i was just too tired and ravenous to carry on a normal conversation.

the good news is that the woman who eventually took my blood was really cute and personable and told me right away that, "i never stick someone more than once." she was true to her word. she instantly found a viable vein in my arm, despite the fact that people are never, ever able to do that on the first try. and i can pick up the results on monday, which is way faster than the lab at home turns out results. yipee. i can still keep my appointment on tuesday, and i won't have to miss the much-hyped guest speakers in human sexuality next thursday.

i saw the neanderthal today. i bit my tongue and did not say hello to him, because it would have been awkward and terrible. also, he's a neanderthal, and anthropologists are still not sure if they can even speak in the first place. (i'm a bitch - but that joke was in honor of andy, and he thinks it's funny).

i'm now the proud owner of a pair of high-class sterling silver cubic zirconia stud earrings. i got them from glitterati in westwood, a virtual explosion of shine and sparkle and "burnished metal" jewelry. i had to buy them to placate my ear piercings, which have been rising up against me for the past few weeks. my skin expects very nice things from me, and i'm technically not supposed to wear any jewels that aren't (at least) made of sterling silver because i have a really terrible metal allergy. when i was little baby, i'd get little red circles all down the front of my body from the buttons on my little outfits. now that i'm older, this manifests in the occasional earhole revolt after i've worn copper/nickel jewels, during which my piercings hurt and scare me into thinking that they are going to close up. so, i'm going to acquiese to their demands. i'm wearing these hardcore stup faux-diamond deals only until the irritation heals, because i've always kinda hated things like them. as if i'm really tricking anyone into thinking i've really got huge diamonds. maybe if you happen to see me and i'm wearing really sparkly cz jewelry, you could pretend that you think they are real, and tell me, "my, what gorgeous jewels you have!" that would be grand.

No comments: