Thursday, October 19, 2006

neurology department

someone shocked me speechless today. that almost never happens because, as evidenced by the fact that i'm writing a blog all about myself, i love talking to anyone who can stand to listen to me. this morning, i had just finished telling my coworker (the one who picked up the grease-soiled toaster oven) about how some guy had called me and asked me questions about his passport, an item which, sadly, the central ticket office doesn't sell, revise or issue. i was laughing with my coworker about this when i got another call, this time from a woman who said, "neurology department?"

neurology department.

i don't really know how someone could sit through about ten minutes of automated suggestions ("press 1 for athletics, press 2 for performing arts...") and still think that they are on hold for the neurology department.

No comments: