Thursday, November 23, 2006

thanksgiving

i came to the conclusion tonight that i have so much to be thankful for. yeah, i know. thanks for the cliche. but this afternoon, when everyone was here at the house, i realized that three of the people i love the most in the world survived really intense disasters this year, and that they are still around and safe makes me so grateful. my dad's dad was hospitalized this past summer, and all the family went down to pasadena because we were all positive that he wasn't going to make it out of that place. my great-aunt survived breast cancer this spring, and is still growing out her hair. and last week, my grandma, my mom's mom and the most wonderful woman i know, was hit in her car by a semi truck on the freeway and ended up against the median facing the opposite direction. i listened to her talk about it tonight, and while it makes a good story because she's perfectly fine, i got really freaked out and weepy because i can't even begin to think what would have happened had she not miraculously missed hitting any other cars on her tailspin across four lanes of traffic. i guess it's a little sick that something so awful must make me aware of how much i love these people, but it's true - it did.

before i got all pensive and sad, i hung out with sam and clay and showed my grandpa my new computer, because he's a "mac person" and is way excited that now i am too.

clay told me that he's "thankful for shame," whatever the hell that means.

i took a ton of stupid pictures of me and clay, which is pretty much my m.o. at every family function.

i told my grandmas about this blog, because we were talking about memories and journals and the like, and then i remembered how i write this thing, and instantly regretted mentioning it.

my great-aunt told me to apply for a job at tiffany's in beverly hills, where she just started working, and when i told her that i'm far too lame to work on rodeo, she said, and i quote, "well, you'd work in the back."

and, finally, we did indeed have ocean spray canned cranberry sauce which, despite being way less gourmet than the other stuff we had, is still by far the tastiest.

also, today was a good hair day, so i have that too.

No comments: