Sunday, November 12, 2006

five pounds of pasta

i saw the whole fam today at jeff's. it was such a good time. i took lots and lots of pictures of my cousin michael's kids and got to see my great-grandma, who is one of the strongest people i know. i can't even imagine what it feels like to have to preface statements with, "well, my friend david's still alive..." because you've outlived everyone you used to know. she also scares me, in a way, because she's so smart and funny and aware and her body is just failing her. she is physically unable to do most of the things that still interest her mentally. for a while, she refused to come to family gatherings because it embarrassed her that she couldn't hear or move around very well, but she's back and i'm so grateful for that.

happenings:
1) my grandpa told me tonight that he's going to get me a decompressed air horn to "wear around my neck" when i walk around at night. that struck me as really hilarious. i would love to see the reactions i'd get from wearing an air horn as a necklace.

2) one of sam's designs got printed on a sweatshirt made by a local clothing company, and i could not be more excited for him. he's a fabulous artist, and the company wants him to design some more for them, which i think is way awesome.

3) my grandma sent me home with pounds of spaghetti after dinner and told me that she was younger, she used to make spaghetti sandwiches (and also, that i wasn't allowed to tell anyone about that).

4) i finally got a hug from my cousin's little daughter, even though she still doesn't know who the hell i am.

5) i ate wayyyy too much today, and now i feel like i gained five pounds.

6) clay is getting really close to being as tall as me. that is sad because i've got nine years on him.

7) alanna told me tonight that she no longer feels that she can call me "acne face", so i guess that the accutane's doing its job. (that being said, my skin's all dry again, which is awesome. i'm going to have such a fantastic party when all of this shit is over.)

8) my dad gave me his new work email address and i'm already thinking of lots of ridiculous, unnecessary emails i'm going to send him.


i look like a goon (shocking, i know), but the kid looks cute.

i need to start my research methods paper. i need to start it now or it will never get done. it sucks when you realize that there are classes in college.

No comments: