Monday, November 27, 2006

izzy

when clay was little, i spearheaded a "get a bearded dragon" campaign, thinking it would be a) cool to have a lizard, and b) a good way to win my little brother's heart. as it turned out, buying izzy accomplished neither of those goals. in actuality, my brother didn't think it was that amazing to have a reptile in a cage and this particular lizard creeps the shit out of me. since i've been living in the apartment (and have no bed at home), my mom has moved the giant lizard cage into my room where my bed frame used to be. i've been sitting in here for about an hour not doing the work i was supposed to do, and just turned around to find that izzy had climbed out her glass prison and is lounging balanced on the edge of one of the sides. staring at me out of the backs of her eyes. yes, the backs of her eyes.



it's good that she's coldblooded and can't move until i decided to (never) turn on her heat lamp.

i'm not sure exactly why she upsets me so much. i'm not particularly afraid of reptiles. i think i just get the vibe that she may in fact be plotting against me all the time, and that's a smidge disturbing. plus, she's always glaring at me through her half open jurassic-age eyelids, and i can't handle that.

1 comment:

happiness is Leah-shaped said...

I remember that thing! I thought it was wicked awesome. Sorry to hear it's planning your demise...