Tuesday, November 14, 2006

secrets do make friends

this has been by far the most lax day of work i've had here. in two hours, i've gotten four calls. i've basically just been reading "middlesex" and feeling kinda useless.

i like learning things about people. i think that might be why i talk about myself so goddamn much. i always secretly hope that my openness will inspire the same in the people i hang out with or talk to. also, it makes me feel instantly closer to someone when i know we're being honest with each other. that's probably why i'm fabulous at making guys my friends, and not so fabulous at making them my boyfriends, lame as that sounds. i am not a mystery, and i probably never will be. i'm bringing all this up because a friend of mine told me something about himself (yes, another guy friend) that made me immediately understand him. it was amazing how quickly i felt like i could really know him, because i now knew something that had really shaped the person he is. i think that's way cool. (sorry about the vaguery, but it's not my "secret" to share).

i'm marketing today, after work. (i'm also going to start calling it "marketing" exclusively). i need some apples and wheat breads and potentially some other healthy alternatives to the five pounds of spaghetti i have calling my name in the refridgerator. i need to stay the hell away from carbs for a while.

No comments: