Friday, December 15, 2006

why i am wearing the same clothes

ok, so good story. this morning, i went to LAX with andy so that i could drive his car back here after dropping him off. i went to sleep at 3:30 am and woke up at 6:15. i told myself my goal was getting back here by 8:15 so that i could sleep for an hour before having to leave to go to work at 9:45 (if i used too many "tos" it's because i barely focus my eyes right now). i got home at exactly 8:15. however, instead of sleeping, i've decided i need to document my journey home.

in honor of finals, a quiz:

"this morning, driving back from LAX, i:

a) got stuck in terrible traffic."

b) wanted to punch several people who did not use their blinkers and yet were still able to sneak their way in front of me (however, this bloodlust did not begin or end with them, specifically)."

c) started to really think about all family-owned businesses that had trucks on the freeway, especially the mini-blind one. my thoughts were centered mostly on who would give enough of a shit about something like mini-blinds to build an entire business based on the "cleaning, selling, and repairing" of them. i also thought to myself, "i wonder what they think about drapes."

d) saw, on the back of a truck carrying large wooden posts i was sure would kill me through the windshield should an accident occur, a livestrong bracelet sticker, which, for clarity's sake, was a sticker shaped like a yellow livestrong bracelet."

e) noticed i had the angriest resting face ever, but had neither the energy nor the desire to try to move my face muscles at all."

f) eventually decided to take an active role in the whole driving thing and get out of the slow lane, prompted only by the merging of one santa monica blue bus and three small u-hauls right in front of me."

g) broke 40 miles per hour at one point and thought, "wow, i'm really flying now."

h) got really angry with the total beast in the white toyota "yaris" who refused to let me over, and who may have even been enjoying trapping me. i wanted to bitchslap her. and i don't even know if people actually do that."

i) was leered at by two idiots in a cornflower blue datsun who thought they were hysterical, and who could apparently not glean from the aforementioned perma-grimace on my face that i was so not in the mood."

j) decided that i was going to wear to work the same clothes i wore yesterday, which, incidentally, are the same clothes i slept in last night."

k) all of the above.

(the answer is k).

i'm gonna go eat a torilla (the only food i have left) and try to regroup before i have to further destroy my voice on the phones for six hours.

No comments: