Friday, December 22, 2006

high class

this morning, i woke up to my own voice on my mom's answering machine, telling her that i was "heading down to westwood to have dinner with simon," and because of that, i woke up laughing. simon was such a long time ago, and was kinda a joke even then. i was an idiot^max.

my mom and i did more shopping this afternoon, and she almost bought herself a digital camera (because she had the approval of me, the super impulse-shopper). i say "almost" because they didn't have the one she wanted in stock, and we've actually learned not to settle simply to have instant gratification. she'll get it eventually.

my parents are hilarious to me these days. because my dad switched jobs, and is essentially doing the same job for more money, they've gotten way less consumed with how much things cost, as if we won the lottery (which, for the record, we did not). today, home depot delivered a new refrigerator and stovetop, and while those are both things we really needed, it's so funny to watch my mom be elated about it, like it was made of spun mayan gold. we're ballers now.



steve's coming home tonight, and i will finally get to see him. i told him i was nervous about hanging out with him because i'm so used to the internet/phone. i'm honestly afraid that we won't like each other in person. however, it'll be nice to be able to say i've seen him. wow, that sounds way ridiculous. i guess, then, it's fitting, considering all the other stories i have.

No comments: