Sunday, December 24, 2006

happy christmas eve

we got back from knotts fairly early tonight, and because this is the first time since i've been home that my family has mandated that i stay home and at least allow my presence to be felt in the house, i just spent an hour in my bathroom, straightening my hair and putting away all the crap i had out (to help my mom get ready for the christmas party we're having here tomorrow), all while rocking out to the last two songs on the rufus wainwright "poses" cd on repeat. wow, i'm a master at the run-on.

today was much better than i expected, but because i have the most delicate ear bones of anyone i know, i got really dizzy after riding one roller coaster twice in a row, and sat out the rest of the day - only an hour, and not hard to do when other people got tired of excessive "g-force," something sam loved talking about. the park was totally empty, and that's usually a good thing, but we basically did everything we wanted to really quickly and then got bored. leave it to a bunch of moody young adults to get bored at an amusement park. (i had to use the term "young adults," even though it's hardcore lame, because i am no longer a teenager, and refuse to refer to myself as such.)

i found out today that sam's pen-and-ink drawings, the ones a local clothing company printed on sweatshirts and t-shirts and marketed on their website as "samuel sweaters," made their way into the store revolution. my mom was able to go into this place and ask for night vision sweatshirts by "the artist sam" (which is hilarious) and actually buy my brother's work. i think that's so fabulous. i'm really proud of him, because he's fantastic.

my face is way dry again. thank you, accutane, for cursing me at the worst possible times.

clay won a bright pink knott's berry farm stuffed bear playing a stupid carnival game and gave it to me when we got home, which was very big of him considering i full-on slapped him in the face during the car ride back. i beat my much younger brother for the following reason: my dad came home yesterday with a new car. because, as i've discussed before, my parents have gone insane. today was the first day we'd taken the car anywhere far away (because i am not including the trip my grandparents' house ten minutes away last night). i drank two bottles of water and about fifteen glasses of iced tea at dinner, and even said, "wow, this medication is really dehydrating me," because i kept drinking liquids and hadn't felt the effects (to put it lightly) all day long. on the way back home, i suddenly felt like i was going to explode. i handled it silently for about ten minutes, because we were close to home, but then i realized that my dad was going 55 mph on the freeway and seemed content to cruise behind some semi truck in the right lane. i had all these terrible visions of me pissing myself in my dad's brand new car, sandwich'd between my two brothers. so, i started demanding that my dad stop driving like he was eighty years old, and once my family figured out how uncomfortable i was, they turned on me and became such assholes, making sounds and trying to make me laugh (we're all secretly five years old). clay kept telling me not to "relax" and i can't even remember what it was that made me hit him, but i think he may have tried to tickle me or something. it was almost like they wanted me to pee on them. god, it was awful. wonderful story, i know, and humiliating, but not any moreso than delivering my skin problems to the universe, so i think i can deal.

happy christmas eve!

p.s. i've tried to say only "happy christmas," because i'm pretending to be british. and i totally think i've tricked a few people.

No comments: