Wednesday, December 13, 2006

candy canes and puberty

my voice officially left the building this morning. i had to call in "sick" to work, even though i feel fine, because there was no way i'd be able to answer phones. steve called today and told me i sound like a seventh grade, pre-pubescent boy. andy told me that i sound just like this girl who has a really unflattering, terrible voice, but i can't physically attack him because he's the one making me dinner tonight. basically, my voice is disgusting and i can't wait to sound normal again.

i have my last final tomorrow, and i think i'm ready. i'm pretty much just trying to make it to 2:30 tomorrow afternoon, when i should be done with everything, and then mad and i will have a party at the apartment (even if no one shows up and it's just us). i'm driving andy to the airport (in his car, which i'm allowed to drive, just this once) at 6 am friday morning, though, so i guess i can't have too much fun.

i didn't leave the apartment at all today. not once. i wore my pajamas all day and ate candy canes because i'm over cough drops and listened to the jazz version of "oh, holy night" that udeitha told me about on or around fifteen hundred times, and drank tons of hot water. i also committed the cardinal sin of wearing shorts and ugg boots, but, as i said, i never left my apartment, so it doesn't really count.

the fact that i get to see zo and shiza and denis and everyone in a few days makes me so giddy.

No comments: