Saturday, September 02, 2006

sudok you

i knew all about sudoku weeks before it was a big fad. i thought it looked boring and stupid as i sat across from a certain person in various vegan restaurants near school. he'd bring a newspaper and a pencil to every dinner, all the better to shut me out. and when that certain person turned out to be a giant ass, i forever (or so it seemed) associated the popular puzzle with being an ass-clown and vowed never to touch it. i would never taint my awesomeness with a game that such a bastard could enjoy.

that all changed last week when someone in my family folded up a newspaper to perfectly expose a copy of a sudoku game, and because it was right there in my face, all newsprinty and accessible and labelled "easy", i thought i'd give it a try. suddenly, i'm obsessed. i'm terrible at crossword puzzles, so i think that by mastering these other puzzles, i can redeem myself.

i bought a giant book of easy-medium-hard-hardest puzzles to take on the plane with me, considering my ipod is out of commission and i haven't remembered to take it to be repaired. i'll need the huge book of sudoku to entertain myself.

i'm a little upset that now i have something in common with the ass-clown. life is mysterious.

No comments: