Friday, September 15, 2006

eotc

so, i'm home. there's so much to tell about our trip that i'm going to leave that for tomorrow, because my feet hurt and i'm sleepy.

tonight was the dress rehearsal for the play. i really didn't want to go, and was even contemplating dropping out, because i'm really not feeling so good about myself right now, and the last thing i want to do is stand in front of a bunch of people and put on a big "look-at-me" show. i'm crazy dry, and i have a new constant sunburn because my skin is so sun-sensitive that being outside for ten seconds while wearing sunscreen turns me bright red. basically, i feel like a mess. i don't particularly want to leave my house to go to longs, let alone to go perform somewhere. that seems really petty and whiny and stupid, and i guess maybe i'll never be able to fully explain how terrible this skin issue has been for me, but i'll just say that it is in fact terrible and i do think about it all the time. i'm going to have to celebrate in january when i've taken all of my little orange accutane pills and normalcy can begin.

rehearsal was actually fun. i always feel like a big star when i show up there in my 1876-esque wedding dress and clomp around in high-heeled boots. i met up with the cowboy poet i've known for a few years, having originally met him doing this play. he still insists that he's really close to getting his book of cowboy poetry launched at barnes and noble, but i've stopped being impressed with that because he's been saying it for three years. i like him because he's way earnest and he loves what he does (he owns his own publishing company) and he tells me that i'm an amazing writer. flattery is always nice.

i also got to see the woman who plays my mother in our scene. she's so amazing and relaxing to be around. i only see her for two weekends a year when we both do this reenactment, but i feel like i've known her forever. we talk about just about everything and because she's going blind, i give her verbal cues about what's going on in the play. i'm not being flippant about her blindness; she acts exactly the same way about it. i admire that about her. she's really positive and funny and i think i could learn a lot about coping from her.

one trip tidbit: fortunately, they did not take my gels from me on the plane. speaking of which, i need to go stick my entire face into a vat of creams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You get to look forward to me lurking on your journal every once in a while! And just to be fair heres my new Livejournal that I decided to start up.

http://topkill.livejournal.com/