Monday, September 18, 2006

newsbrief

i finally got the tv down to westwood last night. that's quite an accomplishment. i'd like to say that i moved in too, but i just brought some clothes and shoes that i figured i wouldn't want to deal with when i actually move in. i need to buy a bedframe and a desk, and so i forced andy to look online for "moderne" desks for me because i refuse to use the ones my dad dug out of the garage. andy, dan (our new roommate!) and i went to noodle planet, which i adore, and apparently, the non-vegetarian stuff there isn't too great. (my veggie fried rice was fabulous). i'm not really the best at recommending restaurants to carnivores, i guess.

i wrote my newsbrief for the "the flying squirrel" today. the title was, "UC set to decrease faculty diversity," which is hilarious. i have a feeling i'm going to really enjoy hanging out and writing with the people involved. they are so funny, and feed me subjects like the one above. maybe now i have a positive, worthwhile outlet for my sarcasm. they're publishing it on thursday or friday. that's really exciting. maybe i can actually leave my house on wednesday when we have a meeting in LA.

No comments: