Thursday, January 18, 2007

never ceases to amaze

so, because my life never ceases to amaze me, a story:

tonight, i was walking back from seeing "catch and release" for free at melnitz (who doesn't adore jennifer garner?), and talking to my mom on the phone. i had just finished buying lots of hair stuff to aid in the taming of my new, way short haircut. i wasn't wearing my contacts or glasses, and accidentally kept extended eye contact with a guy on a bike as i crossed the street. as i waited at the next intersection, the very same guy rode up to me holding out a small piece of paper, waving it around, saying, "excuse me! excuse me!" i assumed i'd dropped something, as i was juggling a cvs bag, my phone, and a giant blue pleather purse-bag-sack. i was also talking on the phone and wandering through a lense-less world of blur and fuzz, so i wasn't really all that aware of my surroundings. i said, "thank you," before i had even seen the paper, which turned out to be a business card, presumably his. the business card would have been weird enough, because no one "flyers" on westwood boulevard at 10:30 pm, and definitely not for their handmade toy business. alas, that is not the end of the story. it all came together when he said, and i quote, "if you ever get lonely, i could keep you company."

nice.

No comments: