Tuesday, January 23, 2007

estaba yo!

a tidbit from yesterday: at baja, where i did in fact get some food, i was summoned to the register by one of the women who work there, and was in the middle of telling her what i wanted when this hugely crazy man ran right up to me and yelled in my face, with a finger pointed at my chest, "estaba yo!" apparently, even though he'd been sitting at a table slightly away from the registers, he had been in line ahead of me. now, whenever anyone pisses me off or does something rude or terrible, i'm going to get right in their faces and scream, "estaba yo!"

today was ok. it was neither shitty or fabulous, and no crazy person said anything remotely ridiculous or incredible to me, and that's kinda unfortunate. i did, however, manage to "lose" my glasses and my fundamentals of learning and behavior notebook in a dramatic episode this afternoon right before my lecture, a lecture i ended up skipping initially because i wasn't able to see the powerpoint and later because after all the campus trekking i did to relocate my spectacles, i'd already missed a half hour and there was nowhere to sit in the lecture hall (also, i was over it).

i went on my first "date" with andy, to shamshiri, this amazing persian restaurant in westwood. there's another one in the valley, where my aunt took me a few times when i was working for her in the office, and i fell in love with it because basmati rice + vegetables cooked in tomato soup = delicious. i think i just gained around ten pounds, and it was totally worth it. and, yes, it was nice to hang out with andy outside of the apartment, even though all we did was talk about school anyway.

my nose is all sniffly and my eyes are dry and itchy all the time (even though i haven't worn my contacts in almost a week, and any irritation from that should have already normalized). i think it's allergies, but that's never been a problem for me, and i'm not a doctor, so i can't be sure. besides, allergies have always been sam's thing, and i would hate to steal his glory.

i like nothing-fights. they distract me from what i actually need to be freaking out about.

i'm having a really hard time remembering the differences between conditioned and unconditioned stimuli, even though i've learned it about five million times. and every time i reread the definitions, i can't believe that i'd be able to forget such a simple difference. then again, i am the same person who can't remember if she's near-sighted or far-sighted. what i'm saying is that i'm pretty much just awesome.

and i think it may be time to lay in my bed, considering i just sank down into my terribly uncomfortable, wobbly office chair, with my computer on my lap, and tried to doze. that's dangerous and stupid, so i'm going to put the laptop down and go to sleep.

No comments: