Sunday, April 01, 2007

april fool's day

so it's april fool's day, and the only trick i pulled was telling gilmore i slept with someone he would never have expected (which, fyi, is not true). i had to retract my statement almost immediately because the complete shock that registered on gilmore's face made me nervous. mason decided to use april 1st to make me think i'd destroyed our friendship. that was bitchy.

the last few days made up for my lack of activity on the days that i was sick. in the past two days, i've gone shopping with shiza in LA, hung out with what i will collectively call "winter break" (sans matt, though, which was sad), spent four hours watching disney movies with steve, and gone on an adventure with melissa and gilmore. i suppose that that's not so exciting to all the people who went to cabo, but whatever. it was good enough for me.

if i don't take clay to see "blades of glory" today, he will disown me. therefore, that's my immediate plan for today.

i also just had a dream, right before i woke up twenty minutes ago, about running into joan cusack and adam west in the gift store of a mountain lodge while trying to track down my aunt to give her her room key. i don't even want to attempt to peel away the layers on that one.

udeitha's coming home with me tomorrow night for our passover seder, and that will be way interesting. my mom's trying to make it more hardcore than it would have been because now we'll have a guest judging our jewishness. i think it will be good for udeitha to sit through an edited version of a real seder, because those can last for hours and be horribly tedious, and that would definitely not be fun for someone who doesn't have a brother or cousin around to be disruptive with. (yes, i just ended a sentence with a preposition. on purpose.) i'm a little disappointed because my little cousins won't be there, but i rest assured that it will still be total chaos, and that udeitha will get to see my "big, fat jewish seder" (which is the title of a straight-to-dvd movie i saw lying around in blockbuster, a movie whose subtitle was "when do we eat?", which is very fitting and classic).

now i have to shower and get ready to spend five hundred dollars on my brother at the movie theater, because he doesn't seem to realize that i'm not my father, and do not have a regular job, and can't afford to buy him an overpriced movie ticket, popcorn, icee and whatever the hell he wants me to get him to win his love. maybe i can convince my dad to go, and then he can buy all of that for me.

No comments: