Saturday, April 14, 2007

beaming

there was a time when i didn't cut my fingernails for three years. wow, that looks super disgusting when it's written down. it's not like that my fingernails got long and yellow and curled under, rendering my hands useless. i just really liked having long nails, and would let them grow until they chipped and broke. ok, now i'm super ashamed of that (in my defense, i did use a nail file). the point of my airing this dirty laundry is that now i'm totally against allowing them to grow out. just now, as i was messing around on the computer to avoid trying to find a quiet place to study, i noticed that i have claws again and that i need to remedy this situation. my fingernail tastes have changed, much like my food tastes have changed, making me actually crave things like tofu hot dogs, which used to make me want to cry.

i'm really happy right now, with everything. lots of things seem to be working out, and i feel more together than i have in a long time. there's really nothing i can complain about (that's kind of a lie, but i'm choosing to ignore the things i could complain about, and that's positive, right?). my classes are good, as of right now, and i like myself, and i've been spending a lot of time with people i adore, with one being particularly exciting. i'm beaming, and having fun. i think i've said that before, and then written really sad posts about how much my life sucks, so i guess there's no way to guarantee that this feeling will last. i'll just try to enjoy it while i can.

i'm also going to enjoy never changing out of the new overpriced workout pants i bought at ackerman the other day. they are way comfortable, and i love them. i don't know how i lived so long wearing jeans and only jeans. i hope the world is prepared for me to be super schleppy for many, many days.

No comments: