Thursday, April 19, 2007

heidi

i've started braiding my hair all crazy like i'm heidi living in the swiss mountains (i'm not). i don't really mind, because at this point, i've given up on the crap growing out of my head, and any variation of throwing it up in a bun is welcome.

i'm still super happy, as i've been for the past couple weeks, and i'm hoping that the midterm i have in behavioral neuroscience next wednesday isn't going to totally destroy this elation. i'm going to get my nose pierced, finally, with udeitha tomorrow, after i work for the entire day. i can't believe i offered up my class-less friday to my work schedule, but at least this way, i'll be doing something productive. i'm just upset that i'll miss tyra at 11 am.

i saw my dad just now, because he came over after work to drive me to the market, and when he heard me talking to joel about the piercing, he said, "you are such a conformist," which i think is kinda hilarious. i mean, yes, once he said that to me the first time (there have been several conversations about the nose thing because i've been trying to get it done forever), i've noticed that everyone in the universe has their nose pierced. however, liking something because i saw it somewhere makes me no different from him and his decision not to wear the pastel flower tie he got for easter three years ago because he doesn't like it. that was a really convoluted sentence, but i'm too lazy to change it. i hope you can decode that.

i just silenced a call from a random phone number, and i hope they leave a voicemail, so that i can eventually call them back. as a general rule, i do not answer calls from numbers i don't recognize, mostly because for several months i was getting really upsetting phone calls from lots of different payphones, placed by a man who made me really uncomfortable. and, because i'm far too attached to my phone number to change it, i just decided to be hardcore about screening phone calls. so, a word to the wise: if i don't have your number, leave a message.

the random caller just now did not leave a message. i will never know who that was. that's frustrating.

1 comment:

happiness is Leah-shaped said...

Thanks for clarifying that you do not, after all, live in the swiss alps.

We've all been wondering for a while.