Tuesday, June 12, 2007

test anxiety

my neck hurts. not my throat - my neck. i make this clarification lest anyone suspect i'm getting sick, which is absolutely not true and must be absolutely untrue because if i were, by some terrible twist of fate, to get ill before this weekend, i would have a panic attack and cry a lot, i think.

i have another final today, at 11:30, but true to form, i'm not looking at the material anymore because it will freak me out. no one really understands why i can't/don't use all the many hours leading up to a test to study for it, but it's a little jedi mind trick i must use on myself to keep myself calm. my stress level is way high right before tests, and stress doesn't make it any easier to retain information. therefore, i end up looking at the information and not being able to process it, making it even more stressful to know that i'm about to be tested on it. so, instead, i'm listening to eric clapton, and denying my urges to shovel baked lays into my face.

last night, i had a bunch of really fulfilling dreams, almost as if my subconscious knew exactly what i needed and totally delivered for me. thank you, subconscious.

No comments: