Thursday, June 21, 2007

i'm a craigslist bigot

for those of you who don't know (namely, everyone), i am now on birth control. announcing this doesn't embarrass me as much as i thought it would because i am not, surprisingly, five years old about everything. i'm making this declaration now because i absolutely must bitch about the side effects. i must. and i can't very well list all of the annoying things that are happening to my body without giving it a context because then everyone will think i have some terrible contagious disease (i don't). i've already mentioned that my lower back is throbbing, but i haven't yet shared that the lymph nodes in my neck have been so swollen for a week and half that i've been popping cold-eeze zinc tablets every hour and that my entire body sometimes flares up, leaving me with a giant fever. i spent several hours yesterday languishing in bed (because feeling crappy makes me more depressed than anything else), and being waited on by someone who already does far, far too much of that.

i'm currently trying to find a subletter for my room beginning in july, and i swear to god, people make me crazy. i have thirty-year-old men sending me emails about wanting to room with me and girls demanding that they get their own rooms, and i want to reply simply with, "read the goddamn post, please." if they did, in fact, read the post they would see that it clearly states that i want a female roommate (even though gender requests are a big, prejudiced no-no on craigslist) and that the room must be shared, lest i have nowhere to live. i get really frustrated with people sometimes.

i went to see "wicked" with luke and his mom on tuesday night, and andy told me if i came home signing the songs over and over, he'd punch me. he's lucky i don't sing out loud because he'd want to punch me. i've had the soundtrack to that musical playing on a loop in my braincase for nearly 48 hours, and even listening to the few songs i bought off of itunes (again, because i buy all my music, because my father is all about truth and righteousness) hasn't helped shake them from my mind. i don't really mind, though, because i had a really good time, and it never hurts to be reminded of fabulous times.

a good thing about feeling like your entire body is energy-less is that you don't want to eat. i haven't wanted to eat all day. maybe it's because i've already retained enough water to make me bloated and fat for the rest of my life.

No comments: