Friday, July 13, 2007

poverty

i officially have no money. i just checked my bank account, and it is fabulous. i'm going to have to go to the ticket office and collect my last paycheck, something i would have done three weeks ago if i wasn't too terrified that they'd ask me if i'm coming back next year. i still don't know if that's something i want to do. anyway, i have to grin and bear it now because i need to pay the university lots more money (because that never stops), and until i do so, i can't sign up for classes, and if i can't sign up for classes, i can't graduate in four years, and then pretty much my whole life is fucked. oh, the drama! also, if i don't magically get more money, i can't go buy a parking permit, meaning i can't ever park at my apartment, meaning i will never get to live here, ever, even though i just paid double the rent for this month. adulthood sucks.

i just tried calling my mom, in a panic about this money situation, to ask her to transfer some dollars quickly to my account, which is something i never, ever do. i would just really like to not have any holds on my enrollment. that would be nice. however, the mother is MIA, despite it being 9:45 am, and not answering her cell phone, as i should have expected because she can never remember to actually turn it on.

i hate being responsible for myself. why, oh why, must i go pick up my paycheck and have to face the music?

No comments: